4.28.2013

Carson's Nursery

I love baby rooms -- especially ones that are fit for a little one, but not too "baby-ish." Initially I said I wasn't going to use any pink in Carson's room, but when my aunt sent me an awesome homemade baby blanket in pink, I knew I would want it on display, so I added some pink into the mix. I have had fun creating this space for Carson -- it's budget friendly, comfortable and a space I look forward spending time in. 
The glider is from Walmart.com, crib from amazon, end table from TJ Maxx. I painted and Sean stacked the crosses above the chair and the quatrefoil frames above the crib are from hobby lobby.

The antique mirror is from my Grandma Ruby's house -- when visiting her last fall her house was empty (she has moved into an assisted living facility), except for a few pictures and this mirror. Seeing as she is Carson's middle namesake, I thought it would be special to include this in the room. The dresser is from Amazon.


Some of her cute little outfits. My niece was born in December and my SIL has been very gracious to give us a lot of her clothes!

Wider shot, of course including Wyatt. We will move the pack n' play into our room when she's tiny. The rug is from Target.

I sewed her crib bedding out of a quilt I found at TJ Maxx. It was reversible and a queen size was perfect to cut up into crib bedding. There is light pink piping at the top and pink ribbon ties. The crib sheet is from pottery barn on clearance.

Quatrefoil mirror from target.
Cute puppy.

This is the sign I made for the hospital door. I just pained a canvas and used my Silhouette for the lettering (regular vinyl)
Here's an overall source list: 
Paint color - Cream in my Coffee
Crib - Amazon, $200
Glider - Walmart.com, $400 
Dresser - Amazon, $200 
Rug - Target, $60 
Curtains - Target, $13 
Crib bedding - Custom, quilt from TJ Maxx $30 
Crib sheet - Pottery Barn, clearance $9
Antique mirror - family heirloom
Frames and crosses on wall - Hobby Lobby, $40
End table - TJ Maxx, $30
Lamp - Target, $15
Ottoman - Target, $17 (I'm planning on covering this with a tan fabric and adding nailhead trim)

2 comments:

  1. love it! so beautiful - feminine and comfortable! I especially love the bedding, curtains, and cozy rug. I can picture your little girl rolling around on that soft rug in the sunlight of the window. Mirror is really special. Also, cool picture of the mirror with the crosses "inside".
    So excited for you!! And so glad you are feeling well. You will be (are) an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete