4.11.2013

36 weeks


How far along: 36 weeks, 4 to go!
Size of baby: 18 1/2 inches and approx 6 pounds (that's like a full size baby!)
Gender: A girl! Carson Ruby Huddleston
Maternity clothes: Mostly maternity, though none of it is in the pic.
Weight gain: 21 pounds. Seeing the scale was a little shocking to me, but I know it's very normal for this stage of pregnancy to gain more.
Movement: Less larger movements, but still feeling plenty of kicks. Sometimes it feels like she's trying to break out of my belly. Poor thing, she's probably pretty cramped in there. 
Sleep: Sleeping pretty well recently -- seemingly more frequent bathroom breaks in the middle of the night and I've been increasingly hot at night, so the addition of a fan was a welcome one this week.
Best moment this week: Sean and I spent some good, quality time organizing in the nursery and washing her newborn, 0-3 month clothes. It's so hard to know what and how much of stuff we should have for her!

 Now that I have entered the home stretch of this pregnancy, I get a lot of people asking me if I'm ready for this to be done. Truthfully, I still feel pretty good. I for sure am more swollen and increasingly less comfortable, but sleep is still pretty good and I'm still mobile. New symptom this week is hip pain and my dear athletic trainer of a husband has been awesome about helping me stretch my hips in the evening. I am increasingly excited to meet little miss, but treasure these last weeks of just Sean and I -- I also saw a picture of a 36 week old baby brain and a 40 week baby brain and was encouraged to let her incubate as long as she needs. My doctor said to just take it one week at a time and keep up the walking, so that's what I plan to do!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and Sean! I look forward to meeting little Carson and maybe trimming her hair in the future ;)
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete