12.06.2012

Update - 18 weeks

The holiday season always seems to be busy and this year is no exception. Sean has been busy attending multiple basketball games a week in the evenings and I have starting working a bit more hands on with the Phi Mu chapter here as their adviser, which I love. We will move into a one-story rental house at the end of this month and really need to get ourselves organized for the transition. It has a fenced yard and a 4th bedroom for sewing/office, so I'm pretty pumped.


How far along: 18 weeks
Size of baby: A bell pepper - about 5 1/2 inches long (seems like a big bell pepper to me)
In my weekly development e-mail I was informed baby girl now has fallopian tubes and a uterus, which immediately reminded me of a funny Yahoo! answers posted a long time ago. Click here and read the funny responses. 
Gender: A girl! We are close to a name selection.
Maternity clothes: I for sure feel bigger than I look. I'm traveling for work this week and tried on about 10 outfits until I found one that looked ok. For now I'm getting along just fine with leggings, etc. but think I will try on some maternity pants soon.
Weight gain: 1-2 lb so far, depending on time of day. My appetite is pretty much back to normal, except I still usually eat smaller portions (really, normal sized portions I should continue post baby) and don't crave sweets like I did before pregnancy.
Movement: A little flutter here and there. Could easily be confused with digestive movements and I usually only notice them if I'm very still. 
Sleep:I know this is just the beginning, but I told Sean last night that I felt pregnant for the first time. Like stereotypes -- sore back, swollen feet, etc. Still sleeping pretty well with just one or two interruptions a night.
Symptoms: Crazy hilarious dreams. I also have a very weak gag reflex -- some of the things that have set me off recently include: the smell of varsity boys basketball team, Sean's Wendy's one night and a gross episode of Duck Dynasty. lol
Best moment this week: My parents bought a stroller and car seat for us, which is incredibly generous. Wyatt was a little unsure about it, but Sean buckled the base into our car right away. We left it in there for the weekend and I daydreamed a bit about what it will be like with a real baby in there.


2 comments: