8.14.2012

Baby Shower for Caroline Reese Fite

Some of our best friends here in Fayetteville, Adam and Heather, will be welcoming sweet baby Caroline into their family this October. This past weekend I helped host a couples shower at my friend Sarah's house. I was in charge of decorations for this shower and we went with a preppy color scheme of pink and green. I tried to pick decorations that were inexpensive and could be easily made by me. We can't wait to love on Caroline Reese!
I just designed these letters in publisher, printed on card stock then strung on fishing line with little ribbons in between the letters.

This is the precious mommy-to-be. I made this wreath using this tutorial. You essentially just cut fabric in strips, hand pleat them into a semi circle and pin into a styrofoam wreath. I used a cotton fabric, but the tutorial uses a chiffon type fabric for a fluffier finish.

I sewed the pennant flags out of fabric I already had in my stash (I'm trying to work down what I already own!) and the centerpieces were mason jars filled with babys breath and spray roses (inexpensive from Sams).

This is Sarah's frame -- I think she said it was from Hobby Lobby.

I made the Sweet Caroline banner by just printing a green chevron pattern on regular paper and cutting out the letters. I then hot glued them to pink tulle to hang.

Cupcakes are from Sams and I made the cupcake toppers with my Silhouette. If you make something like, this, I for sure suggest card stock and not regular paper.
Diaper cake made by Sarah -- I added the pink decorations: basket paper, fake flowers and ribbon.

I saw this prayer card idea on another blog and copied it.


This little station was a labor of love, but the mom-to-be appreciated the detail, so it was worth it. I sewed the headbands from fold over elastic I ordered on e-bay and handmade each of the bows from ribbon in my stash and a couple new prints as well. I used this tutorial for bow making. After a few, I got better and didn't have to stitch them.

Shower hostesses.
 
These are the gifts I made for Miss Caroline. Monogramming done with my Silhouette and heat transfer material and I just satin stitched the "C" onto the burp cloth. I do have an embroidery machine now, but haven't braved the learning process just yet.

1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE!!! Love the preppy colors, DIY headbands, and the prayer cards - what a great idea! All of the decor is fabulous, of course!

    The monogrammed nifty gifties are just too precious. :)

    ReplyDelete