6.27.2012

We Almost Bought a House

You should have seen me last night, but I'm glad you didn't. I was hysterical. We almost bought a house and let's just say I wasn't handling the pressure well. Social pressure, financial pressure and emotional pressure all at once was too much for this girl to deal with. So, we didn't buy a house.

My sinful nature is always looking for something bigger, better, newer, stronger, shinier...you get the idea. The concept of buying a home was exciting -- new places, new spaces. I was daydreaming and Pinning home ideas left and right. It's a slippery slope. Our "let's rent for another year" turned into "let's rent for 6 mos" which turned into "let's just see what's on the market" which turned into "just looking at houses won't hurt anything" which turned into "I wonder what our preapproval would look like".....all in about three weeks.

In tears last night {I told you I was hysterical, and I wasn't kidding} I prayed that God would guide every step and that we would be receptive to His plans. And He showed up. Funny how that works. After some solid leadership from Sean and a Dave Ramsay budget plan we were once again reoriented to our original goal of continuing to rent and pay off current debt before we make the big financial commitment of buying a home. Not that it can't change, but right now we're not hearing clear signs that Fayetteville is our long term placement, which also plays into our decision.

Being content is tough, but I know that being content is what God wants from us. Content in knowing that He will care and provide for us in ways we cannot even imagine. Content in knowing that our joy comes not from things of this world but from Him alone.

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

1 comment:

  1. Love you girl. I was thinking of you and praying for you last night. I'm glad to know God showed up as He is so faithful to do.

    ReplyDelete