7.18.2011

Haiti update

God is good! The same week that my final payment was due, I met my fundraising goal for Haiti! I have been very humbled by this experience. It was important to me that people didn't give out of a sense of obligation, but out of obedience to God's calling. I supposed I wouldn't technically know the answer to that, but seeing so many friends and family members not only donate, but give of their finances cheerfully was amazing.



The trip dates are August 4-13. I've received all of my immunizations, will start anti-malarials this week, and have also started accepting medical supplies to pack in my extra duffel bag.



If you're in the Fayetteville area and want to donate supplies, here's a list of what the surgery center needs the most. These should all be commercially available. If you're not local, but would still like to help, you can send me your cash donation and I will run to the store for you.

4x4 gauze
2x2 gauze
Kerlix
Coban
ACE bandages
Steri-strips
Tegaderm
Betadine
Large exam gloves


Specific prayer requests: safe travels for our team, an open mind and heart to process what I will be experiencing, and that our surgical team would be efficient with time and resources to help the most people possible.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you Nicole. May God bless your trip and use you all mightily. I'll be praying for you.

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete