7.12.2011

Birthday girl onesie

A friend from Columbia has a little girl, Jillian, who is turning one next month -- she asked me to help create her birthday outfit and I was happy to oblige.

I appliqued the cupcake liner and candle, then ruffled the tulle for the 'icing.' Sewed all with my machine.
I also added colorful pleats around the leg. Sewed a fabric tube 4"x20", ironed flat, pinned the pleats then sewed it.

Here's the adorable hair clip that coordinates! It has an alligator clip on the back that can just clip either into her hair or onto a headband. 45" of fabric and two rows of tulle, pleated and sewed onto a round piece of felt.
The tute is made of all bright colors -- it's super cute, but that glitter got everywhere! She only turns one once, though, so I think glitter is in order.

Can't wait to see some pics of little miss in her outfit!


I'm linking this project to:
Making the World Cuter, The DIY Show Off, Skip to My Lou, Today's Creative Blog, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Tatertots and Jello, Kojo Designs

7 comments:

  1. I see you sell stuff on etsy, are you selling this outfit on etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not currently have this item in my shop, but I would be happy to do a custom order for you if you are interested. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this on Pinterest...can I order??? Such a gift you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jennifer. Thanks for the compliment! I would be happy to do a custom order for you. Please e-mail me at nicoledhuddleston(at)gmail(dot)com for when you're ready to place the order and we can discuss custom options. :)

      Delete
  4. Can I special order this? It is soooo cute...what a talent you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG it is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete