12.02.2010

Refashioned baby gift

Some family friends {who happen to be huge chiefs fans} just had a baby girl, so my parents asked me to sew up a little gift. Branson is deficient in fabric stores {re: there aren't any}, so we used a pair of mens knit pajama pants for this project.
I purchased the supplies for the bow at hobby lobby here in F-ville. I loosely followed this tutorial on making the bow. {suggestion: use dental floss to tie the center together} The letter button has a brooch pin on the back and I secured an alligator clip to the back of the bow so they can clip it wherever.
Out of one pant leg I made this cute little swing top {I just kind of eyeballed the size here, butif you have a little one just trace another shirt that fits similarly} and the bloomers. Question for my mommy friends: I wanted to add big buttons to the front where the straps meet, but my dad insisted that was a safety hazard on baby clothes. Babies don't even have the dexterity to grab and pull a button off, do they??
I used Dana from MADE's tutorial on the baby bloomers. These are so fun to make! I've got some other prints available in my Etsy shop if you're interested. {sorry the pic is sideways here, it's not on my comp}
I've got another pant leg to spare and plan on making another set like this for the shop. I hope little miss Taylor Jane and her parents enjoy showing some team spirit!
I'm linking this project to:
Between Naps on the Porch , Making the World Cuter, The DIY Show Off, Skip to My Lou, Keeping it Simple, A Soft Place to Land, Today's Creative Blog, Blue Cricket Design, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Tatertots and Jello


blog signature


No comments:

Post a Comment