11.30.2010

Holiday decorations

The white wreath that I made last year has been so great! I just swap out ribbons, paper butterflies, flowers, or whatever goes with the season. Sorry for the blurry iPhone pic of the wreath, but you get the idea. For a video how-to on tying bows, I watched this one.
I printed off the holiday sign I blogged about yesterday and framed it with some coordinating scrapbook paper behind it.
Here's the tree all done up. I added ribbon this year, which really helped it fill out our cheap thrifty tree. Sean and I purchased this tree six years ago and have purchased additional ornaments each year {all within our color scheme, of course}. It's fun to have all different ornaments and try to remember who picked them out.

I sewed the tree skirt last year. You can see a better picture here. SO easy and much cheaper than the store bought ones!
For good measure, here's a pic of our puppy with his new ornament for the tree! He's seriously so precious!
I have a couple of other ideas to add -- some sort of cool nativity scene, one or two modern reindeer statues and some gifts under the tree! I hope you are all having a good time decorating your homes for the holiday!

blog signature


No comments:

Post a Comment