8.21.2010

Fun pillowcase dress

While browsing fabric at Hobby Lobby the other day I found this super cute and fun fabric. I couldn't think of anything to use it for at first, but I knew it would be cute for a little girl.
I searched the internet for inspiration and decided to try my hand the ever popular pillowcase dress. I can see why they are so popular -- they are quick and easy! I made my own bias tape, but if you used pre-made it would go even faster. Here's the tutorial I followed: click here.
You can make them in all sizes...from teensy little babies to big girls. The great thing is that they're so versatile. When they become too short for a dress, it can be worn as a shirt. Also, you can layer a long sleeve t-shirt underneath for cooler weather.
Here's miss Raelee modeling the dress while holding Wyatt. She loved the puppy and he was apprehensive the whole night.
I'm linking this project to:
Between Naps on the Porch , Making the World Cuter, The DIY Show Off, The Persimmon Perch, Skip to My Lou, Keeping it Simple, A Soft Place to Land, Today's Creative Blog, Blue Cricket Design, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Remodelaholic, Tatertots and Jello

blog signature

4 comments: