5.10.2010

Quick and easy skirt

A few months ago I won a gift certificate for Sew Mama Sew -- I was like a kid in a candy shop! I was on the lookout for super girly fabrics and fell in love with this one {It's Anna Griffin - Isabelle}:
I only purchased 1 1/2 yards of it and have held onto it -- waiting for the perfect project to pop in my mind. Last week I decided to make a skirt out of it -- super easy. I didn't take pictures of the process, but I just found this great tutorial that gives a step-by-step. This project would be great for beginner {and experienced} sewers alike.
You basically start with a rectangle of fabric {1.5ish X your waist measurement}, sew a casing for the elastic, sew a hem for the bottom, then put in the elastic {I used 1in. elastic I got on the cheap at Tuesday Morning}. You could finish this project in 30 mins! I did decide to put pockets in my skirt and used leftover fabric from my last goodwill refashion. Here's a quick how-to for pockets if you're interested.

I scored the super cute tank at Ann Taylor Loft for $5. They have great t's and tanks right now!
Haha...can you tell I live in an apartment complex and am running out of place to take pictures?? Perhaps our upcoming move will provide more photo op scenery. I'm linking this project to:
Between Naps on the Porch , Making the World Cuter, The DIY Show Off, The Persimmon Perch, Skip to My Lou, Keeping it Simple, A Soft Place to Land, Today's Creative Blog, Blue Cricket Design, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Remodelaholic, Tatertots and Jello
blog signature

7 comments:

  1. So cute! Love it. All of the clothes you make are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super cute skirt and definitely super cute fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! and also love you blog.
    I'd love to have this linked to my weekly link party "Make my Style Mondays"

    www.avidaccents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I just happened upon your site tonight, and I love it! All of your refashioned outfits have really inspired me to get back into it. This skirt is absolutely adorable and trendy, and I loved the sundress you made with the runched top bodice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg. that is adorable! i love the anne\ taylor shirt for a 5 dollar hollar! i found you thru a blog of a blog and am now following! i, like you, find myself thinking that 'sale' prices are too expensive also! lol. i am HUGE thrift store junky! love your ideas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute!! I like the photo shoot!! Can't wait to see where you take pictures when you move! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete