5.20.2011

Repost: Goodwill dress refashion: summer dress

Here's an oldie (sp?) but a goodie I'm entering into a contest online. I almost actually wore this dress today, but it was wrinkled and I was, well....lazy. :)
______________
I'll be honest....when I picked the following dress up from Goodwill even I didn't realize how BAD it was! Just look how big those armholes are! None-the-less, I liked the soft turquoise color and the lightweight cotton material.

I trimmed most of the top of the dress off, took in the waist, hemmed up the bottom, then added the collar and straps.

This dress isn't perfect as I was a bit rushed when sewing it, but I still think it's super cute and very wearable!

Visit thecsiproject.com

12 comments:

  1. girl you amaze me everytime. I tried to look for a dress to refashion...failed... was scared. i'll stick to DIYing accessories! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so awesome how you see the potential in the previously ugly dresses! This one is super cute!

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Much better than the original. Saw this on Made By You Mondays & thought I'd stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are unbelievably talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed! You really see the potential in things, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How did you ever see potential in that frumpy dress? You must have a wild imagination. I love it! I clicked on your thumbnail because I just posted a Goodwill dress redo of my own...but mine became an apron. Thanks for sharing your ideas, I need to take a look at some of your other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a difference! great job. I'm visiting from BCD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your refashion is SO much better than the original!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot believe that is the same dress! You are amazing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I'm sure no one sees imperfections but you. I'm particularly impressed with the top pieces that fold down--too cute!

    ReplyDelete